Manager, Oracle Operations Training & Support
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position manages the teams that provide business partner, system, and training support for Oracle Financials iProcurement, iExpense, and Accounts Payables modules. Included are purchase order/requisition setup and error resolution, invoice hold resolution, reporting, communication, and support for growth initiatives such as PO Loader and EDI/VOVI supplier implementations for the procurement processes. Also included is business partner support/training for iExpense, iProcurement and AP Oracle modules. The position also is charged with leveraging the department web presence to return value to business partners and AP department through ensuring current information and training support meets business needs and expectations. Supports various close processes, such as the invoice-on-hold accrual, received-not-invoiced reporting, and other misc. reports. In addition to ownership and management of these processes, the position is also charged with the ongoing development and training of the staff under their supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of the Procurement Support & Oracle training and support teams
- Accountable for maintaining excellent customer service and meeting department commitments
- Support Oracle related projects
- Continuously seeks functional/technical expertise to obtain solutions
- Follows all related IT security, IT protocol and SOX guidelines
- Review and assess Expense Payables current operational processes and provide input and opportunities for improvement
- Acts as subject matter expert for Oracle AP, iProcurement and iExpense modules
- Oversees the day-to-day progress of assigned projects and initiatives
- Sets a standard of excellence for integrity
- Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems
- Applies relevant business, financial and accounting knowledge to technical solutions and process improvements
- Maintenance of the department web pages providing business partner support
- Ensures compliance with best in class standards and established control methodologies
- Support development and testing of automated processes for purchase orders and invoice submissions
- Troubleshoot automated purchase order tool for errors and defects
- Manage suppliers invoice-on-hold resolution
- Develop sustainable solutions for catalog ordering process in Oracle iProcurement
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Supervision and development of staff
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Has regular contact with internal BPs (CSSC, IT, Corporate, International and the Brands,) generally at all levels.
4400 MASTHEAD ST.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Broad understanding of finance including business strategy, financial systems, business process design and implementation and internal controls
- Proven track record of implementing successful large-scale projects and related best practices, both technical and operational
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills, and demonstrated ability in making decisions and exercising good judgment
- Subject Matter Expertise in Procure to Pay lifecycle and Oracle Financial Suite
- Understanding of relevant business levers and how the related technology supports the processes
- Ability to influence people and process
- Flexible work availability to support International time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Ability to address highly complex technical issues
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Scope of Impact:
o Fully accountable for actions and typically for actions for others.
o Recommends company policy in area of expertise.
o Decisions/ recommendations that involve financial transactions of significant magnitude.
o Impacts Finance function results through innovation and provision of technical advice.
o Responsible for the quality and integrity of financial and operational reports.
- Level of Planning
o Contributes to goals and objectives for areas of responsibility.
o Demonstrates ability to plan work around objectives versus tasks.
o Ensures that all deadlines are met for area of responsibility.
o Helps determine priorities and available resources.
o Typical activities have a daily to one-year timeframe, may influence work and decisions with a 1-2 year timeframe.
o Has direct responsibility for hiring, training, managing, motivating and reviewing finance staff.
o Functional/technical expertise is continuously sought for obtaining solutions and independently meets deadlines, elevating high-level, complex issues to manager through project management skills.
- Influence Skills
o Business partners as well as department staff members continuously seek out consultation and advice.
o Demonstrates ability to address highly complex technical issues or inquiries that require explanation of the implications of possible alternatives.
o Interfaces with business partners to provide analysis and solutions.
o Addresses detailed technical inquiries that may require some explanation of the implications of possible alternatives.
o Judgment and interpretation is required.
o Requires ability to influence and negotiate up to Sr. Director.
Minimum educational level:
- Required College degree or equivalent experience; 5+ years relevant work experience
- 3 to 5+ years related experience, preferably with Oracle Financials Applications
- Prior experience leading a team, project, or managing others.
- Demonstrates strong technical expertise
- Some travel may be required
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top