Manager, North America Global Omni Planning, Women’s – Banana Republic Factory Stores
WhoWe Are Banana Republic is aglobal specialty retailer focused on delivering versatile, contemporaryclassics. Our customers seek to make the most of everymoment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value peoplewho are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashingcreativity and greatness every day.
What We Do:The role of the Global Omni Planning team is tomaximize sales, margin, and inventory through pre-season optimization acrossall customer channels. This workrequires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build closepartnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customerexperience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global OmniPlanning Manager is a key leadership role for the US & Canada markets withresponsibilities including pre-season strategy and execution, cross-functionalnegotiation, and operations.
Thisrole leads the Men's Knits & Sweaters complex through the successfuldevelopment, execution and communication of financial and inventory plans andstrategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. Themanager serves as the omni-channel market subject matter expert and isresponsible for influencing product offering through analytics, ensuringsynergy between the product level forecast and commercial plans, and basicsmanagement.
- Manage team of Inventory Planners and provide leadership by creating acollaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Balance workload priorities across division and departments to ensuresuccessful execution of inventory management
- Drive career development and skill development of teams to ensure jobsatisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Accountable for communication of brand, business unit, and divisionstrategies
Business Process Management
- Evaluate and recap seasonal performance to influence futurestrategies
- Lead continuous improvement process of Omni Planning processes to ensureongoing effectiveness and efficiency
Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Develop and communicate comprehensive (seasonal and long-term) divisionfinancial & product strategies
- Ensure alignment of division plans to business unit objectives
- Lead development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly merchandiseplans
- Manage the reconciliation of business unit financial plans
- BusinessAcumen: Knowledge of financial measuresand how pre-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customerbehaviors that impact the way we do business.
- PresentationSkills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data intoconclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- PeerRelationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share bestpractices and develop strategic knowledge
- CustomerFocus: Constant focus on customerthinking within all tasks. Has a passionfor product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
- Dealingwith Ambiguity: Flexibleand adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improveprocesses
- Drive forResults: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role overtime
- OrganizationalAgility: Ability to work independentlyand with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- TechnicalLearning: Strong skill set in MicrosoftExcel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, UsingMacros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability &interest in mastering new and available technical application
- Bachelor's degree or equivalentexperience
- 3-5 years work experience,preferable in Inventory Management
- 2 years of supervisory experience,preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top