Manager, Marketing Operations Campaign Management – Email Operations
Marketing Operations is a centralized direct marketing function responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of a high volume of customer contacts via email with flawless execution. Specifically, the Manager is both the customer expert translating business needs into segmentation strategies and the operations lead driving email strategy and execution in conjunction with our email service provider. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for file management and evaluation, including identifying new acquisition and retention strategies. This role supports the Sr. Manager in ownership of the day to day relationships and execution of email for Gap Inc.'s brands and businesses.
The ideal candidate for the Manager position will be a subject matter expert in email marketing and campaign processes, have excellent analytical and communication skills, have intellectual curiosity into "why things work" and be a proponent for change as we look to drive our email program forward. The individual should be self-motivated, independent and be able to balance a workload that consists of ongoing, repetitive campaign process development as well as file management, growth initiatives and system improvements.
As the owners of the customer file and segmentation strategies, the team works closely with the individual brand online marketing teams who manage the execution of the creative and messaging. The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, able to understand data and work collaboratively with business partners to identify and implement cutting edge strategies to meet business objectives.
- Lead strategy on email initiatives across Gap Inc and embrace leading change as we evolve our email program
- Deliver high volume of customer campaign files to support financial objectives
- Develop and manage campaign test programs in support of learning and financial objectives
- Develop and optimize campaign functionality and processes as required to support new programs and initiatives
- Work with brand business partners to recommend circulation planning and segmentation for email
- Stay in the forefront of email marketing research and strategies and actively share out with business partners
- Lead day to day operations including ESP campaign team and brand team relationship management
- Manage email data issues and process improvements
- Work with database management team and email service provider on specifications and development of campaign functionality
- Track, analyze, and report results of email file and marketing initiatives and deliverability directly from within email platform – SFMC experience preferred
- Lead file growth evaluation including tracking the ins and outs of the file and identifying new initiatives to acquire and retain customers
- Interface with email technology vendor/partners to adapt products and solutions to improve email program performance
94105• 5-7 years experience in email marketing
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and best practices, including developing automated and lifecycle program, preferably with retail and/or e-commerce
- Experience with segmentation strategies and campaign management systems. Epiphany experience a plus
- Experience with campaign execution from within an email deployment platform. Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, high priority projects – identifying creative solutions
- Strong analytical thinking, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Experience in project management
- Bachelor's degree
- Management experience highly desired
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top