Manager, Market Planning, Gap Brand
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Manager of Market Planning is responsible for maximizing sales, margin and inventory of a division or category through pre-season commercial planning and in-season optimization. The leader ensures the unique product needs of a region are met by gathering and assessing data of that market, making recommendations for creative solutions and influencing the Global team. The Manager serves as the market subject matter expert and is responsible for the product offering within that market's unique store base, the product to market events calendar and in-season yield management from allocation through to promotions and markdowns. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manager, Market Planning is responsible for:
- Partners heavily with the Director Market Planning to develop the commercial plan for the division or category including product strategy and financial strategy.
- Influence product strategies pre-season to maximize top line sales, gross margin and customer loyalty by providing divisional feedback and business recaps to the global team per season, per flow.
- Partners with Global Planning on big idea investment.
- Manage the financial success of the division by meetings sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Responsible for the assortment types (tiers) that are delivered within each store to maximize productivity and margin related to space planning and customer profile (modular assorting).
- Responsible for maximizing yield through allocation, replenishment, pre-season and in-season promotions and markdowns.
- Maintains the pricing architecture that is in line with the global strategy as well as the local market positioning.
- Partners with global planning team and global merchandising team on delivering comprehensive market hindsight to develop product and inventory strategies to service all global regions.
- Responsible for managing inventory budgets by quarter.
- Help to supervise and approve initial inventory releases; ensure consistent and profitable in-season replenishment.
- Within the purchase order process, inform team of divisional strategies for packing, pre-packs, size balancing and inventory balancing within multiple pools of inventory.
- Develop departmental distribution strategies to capture location-based opportunity.
- Sponsor analysis and cross-functional partnerships that will identify and quantify size selling, geographic and store-attribute opportunities; ensure follow through on execution of strategies.
- Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals through in season yield management.
- Lead the analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities for multiple departments.
- Collaborate with the global merchant team and global IM team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Manage monthly forecast to track inventory on plan.
- Coach and train planners to identify key learnings and develop future strategies.
Consistently drives for results.
Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment within the team.
Leads effective team development and identifies succession planning within the team.
Collaborates with peers to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge.
Drive for Results
High Integrity and Honesty
Reports to Senior Director or Director of Market Planning.
55 THOMAS STREET
Minimum 5 to 6 years inventory management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
Ability to travel internationally
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top