Manager, Learning and Development - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global specialty retailerfocused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics.Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we doit is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident,optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity andgreatness every day.
What We Do: The Manager, L&D, Banana Republic is responsiblefor supporting training and development programs. They partner with L&D, HRand business leaders to determine learning needs and help manage the design,delivery and execution of programs, events and other talent solutions.(Approximately 70% of the job)
In addition, the Manager-L&D will also provide overalloperational and logistical support for all brand L&D programs. This entailscalendar, reporting, budget, logistics, & participant materials for meetingsand events. (Approximately 30% of the job)
- This is role is an individual contributor.
- Key member of the Learning & Development team,directly reporting into a Director of L&D.
- Frequent cross-functional partnership required withinthe learning team & with leaders/teams in the business.
- Represents Banana Republic's learning interests.
- Provides operational &logistics support in order to effectively implement learning strategy for bothfield and HQ programs
- Assess training needs forall levels of the organization
- Support creation andcustomization of learning solutions to build employee skills and competencies
- Execute the implementation, communication andsustainability plan for L&D programs
- Design, deliver andfacilitate training offerings using appropriate methodology (instructor led,discussion facilitation, virtual platforms, blended learnings etc.)
- Evaluate the effectivenessof curriculum and training offerings and adjust as needed
- Create sustainability plansfor content delivered to the business
- Recent track record of success in a frontline retail store leadershiprole
- Well versed in the fundamentals of effective retail management (hiring,scheduling, business analysis, service and selling, etc.)
- Excellent project management skillset. Loves paying attention to andmanaging detail.
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal formats.
- Understands how store and field leaders learn
- Can operate in a highly dynamic, matrixed environment with multiplecompeting priorities
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration withpeers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to establish courses of action for self and othersto ensure work is completed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to deliver with speed, quality andcontinuous iteration to drive innovation
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top