Manager, Lean Manufacturing Excellence
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
• Support Quality Engineering Manager in executing manufacturing excellence goal and primarily focus on automation.
• This position is responsible for promoting and implementing lean manufacturing to achieve manufacturing excellence goal.
• Drive improvements and to coach vendors with fact based Lean manufacturing tools to maximize overall throughput and achieve quality goal.
• Collaborate with the Regional QE teams, automation managers and vendors to be the SME to arise knowledge and capability in problem solving, lean manufacturing, fact base analytics towards maximizing overall factory efficiencies leading to consistent high-quality standards.
Organizational Leadership(reflects scope & complexity):
• Integral part of the PQA team, but maintain a professional/educational relationship to influence teams to adopt a culture of innovation and automation.
• Building relationship with different level of stakeholders.
• Promote continuous improvement (lean), problem solving through think out-of-the-box and fact base analytics across targeted vendors and GIS.
• Through identify, introduce and implement problem solving and continuous improvement goals and initiatives at factory level with vendors, automation manager, PQA involvement.
• Coach and implement manufacturing excellence to global vendor base through plan, co-ordinate lead & facilitate effective kaizen events, training and learning-by-doing workshops.
• Manage projects from idea generation to completion with key milestone updates to key stakeholders. Ensure right resource availability and delivering every project on time within scope.
• Report on & provide metrics to regional quality teams to demonstrate current factory quality & efficiency performance vs targets.
• Provide input on factory hour-over-hour improvements, 5S, planned efficiency to targets, line defect rate and bottle necks. Introduce visual management applications that improvement quality defect rates and build efficiency
• Monthly / Quarterly Quality calibration with regional PQA, automation manager and factory teams.
• Collaborate and drive benchmarking and best practices across vendor factories.
Who you are
• BS Degree minimum with a focus in Industrial Engineering or Business with min 5 years of relevant experience
• Thorough understanding and practical application of Industrial engineering, 6 sigma and lean principles, including quality and productivity kaizens, line balancing, in factories or operating environments (apparel and footwear industry preferred)
• Project Management, facilitation or other quality/process improvement processes experience
• Experience in working effectively with multiple levels of management and represented work groups
• Experience in design, co-ordinate and deliver workshop/classroom training
• Training and/or Certification with Six Sigma, Lean, SPC, 5S, or TMC
• Team player; must be able to establish teams and manage projects
• Must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and to keep composure in stressful situations
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top