Manager, Internal Audit, Gap Inc.
The Manager, Internal Audit is primarily responsible for leading internal audits and risk assessments of complex business processes and effectively reporting on the results. This position's scope of responsibility includes Operational, Supply Chain, Compliance, and Finance related projects of all brands, corporate functions, and control systems at all domestic and international locations within the company. The Gap Inc. Internal Audit department is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function designed to add value and improve the company's operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes. We continuously look for opportunities to improve our audit processes through enhancing business partnerships and leveraging technology/data analytics to maximize our impact on the business. This position is expected to play a key role in achieving these goals.
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Change Leadership
- Drive Results
- The Manager, Internal Audit is responsible for leading audits to evaluate operational and financial controls of established end-to-end processes as well as risk assessments to identify risks and mitigation associated with key new strategic initiatives across the company, providing meaningful and practical recommendations to influence management's decisions and improve operational effectiveness through collaboration with business partners.
- This position will directly supervise one Senior Auditor and work in a matrix setting, managing project teams with up to two Senior Auditors performing financial, operational, strategic and compliance audits or risk assessments; some projects require interaction and partnership w/SOX and Store Compliance Audit teams.
- This position requires communication, coordination, and building relationships with teams across all functions and brands, including various domestic and international based locations.
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as well as department policies and procedures.
- Effectively evaluates audit areas, develops comprehensive risk-based audit programs and executes testing, identifies factors causing deficient internal control conditions and recommends courses of action to improve controls, and prepares the audit report.
- Manage direct report as well as team of senior audit staff in accomplishing the annual Internal Audit Plan, mentoring seniors to help with their career growth, and prepare evaluations of applicable staff.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior management and actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
- Complete audits on time and within budget by developing comprehensive testing and resource plans ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Maintain effective business relationships with key members of management in San Francisco. Interface with HQ, Shared Services, Sourcing, and International business teams.
- Execute ad hoc projects, such as due diligence reviews, management assistance, investigations, etc.
- Keeps abreast of all industry/regulatory/company developments impacting the operations and risk profile.
- Maintain current knowledge of audit techniques and principles and meet annual CPE credit requirements to preserve professional certification(s).
- Represent the Internal Audit function on cross-functional teams, at times providing leadership to these efforts as appropriate.
- Assist with development of annual resource forecasts, project timelines, resource allocation plans, and travel expense estimates.
- Degree in Business, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Certification (CPA or CIA)
- 6 years' business experience, preferably 2 years of public accounting or internal audit experience
- Strong financial, analytic, technical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- PC Skills; Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to travel up to 10-15%
- Familiarity with data analytics a plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top