Manager - Human Resources - GapTech
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable and cloud-based platform solutions. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager to support our technology organization. This role will develop and sustain consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams, acting as a trusted partner, change agent, and advisor to unlock potential, influence, and challenge to drive business results. The HR Manager builds effective working relationships throughout the brands as well as other HR functional areas.
- Collaborate with teams to develop and execute functional talent strategies.
- Provide thought leadership and planning on talent and organizational impacts of business plans and decisions.
- Work with DevOps teams to identify the org structures, competencies, and processes needed to help the business run more effectively.
- Manage data, measurements and tactics to support key people programs and decisions. Use insights to drive employee engagement, dedication and performance.
- Actively partner with the business, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management to develop strategies to strength or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready talent pipeline.
- Be a resource to business leaders on all aspects of HR for the employee lifecycle including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Rewards, and Employee Relations.
- Partners across HR to integrate ideas, develop creative solutions, and ensure optimal support of the business.
- Ensure consistent application of policies, practices and Gap Inc. values.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR generalist role or relevant experience.
- Experience supporting a tech organization.
- Proven ability to partner with Sr. Executives, cultivate working relationships and influence their thinking
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and critical thinking skills to lead multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment
- Technical/Functional skills- Demonstrable knowledge of HR practices including: Org Design, Performance and Change management, Leadership Coaching, Employee Relations, and Compensation
- Demonstrable ability to assess organizational trends and develop HR solutions to drive performance
- Business Insight - Knows how businesses work, knowledgeable in current and future policies; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; uses business insight to build credibility,
- BA/BS degree or equivalent related experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top