Manager, GSC Strategy (Analytics)
About the role
Gap Inc's Supply Chain Strategy team helps to identify, evaluate and optimize the Gap Inc. Supply Chain by identifying opportunity, improving our processes to operate efficiently and in support of global growth and speed. The Manager, Supply Chain Analytic helps to provide analyses and insights to drive execution of the capabilities that enable our brands to read and react to customer demand. The s will help to model, measure and report on adoption and effectiveness of these capabilities, define the tools and data structures that support their execution and tracking, and perform ad hoc analyses to address complex business questions.
• Provide quantitative research, analysis and support to identify business opportunities/issues and form hypotheses
• Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
• Provide assistance needed to implement strategic recommendations
• Manage and execute analytical efforts to support Gap, Inc initiatives and brand specific supply chain strategies
• Identify and track the metrics to measure the success of a specific business opportunity
• Identify process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans, supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Own and develop costing, financial and optimization models for Supply Chain
• Proactively foster strong brand and business partner relationships as part of analytical efforts
Who you are
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to build and maintain complex financial and/or supply chain models
• Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches, preferably in retail
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
• Proven ability to develop and apply analytic solutions to solve business problems
• Ability to work at a high level and detail level (as needed) to draw conclusions and make recommendations
• Demonstrated examples of working with business partners
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with senior management communication
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
• Masters degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, Management Science or related analytic field.
• 4-6 years of experience in analytic role, academia, analytic consulting in retail/consumer products or supply chain in general
• Hands-on experience and proficiency in Excel, VBA, Access, SQL, Simulation Packages preferred
• Knowledge of SAS, and Matlab preferred
Back to top