Manager, Growth & Supply Chain Strategy
About Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations
From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style. Our five brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix – retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise.
As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.'s enterprise-wide evolution.
Meet the team
The Global Growth & Supply Chain Strategy team is composed of growth analysts and cross-functional strategy leaders who are dedicated to driving growth and supply chain capabilities strategy with data-driven insights. This team works with executives, Product Management and IT, Sourcing and Logistics, Finance and Brand team members across all of our brands to discover new opportunities for growth, capability building and optimization, provide actionable insights, and deliver on new strategies.
The Manager of Growth & Supply Chain Strategy will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of Gap Inc. brands around the world as well as transforming our supply chain. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning, business operations, and finance, requiring a mix of analysis, cross-functional leadership and project management.
We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership and partnership skills who is passionate about defining strategic priorities and outcomes as well as enabling the organization to achieve strategic objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Global Growth initiatives to enable us to compete in new channels and markets. This includes:
- Developing market entry models, leading data collection and analyzing market entry potential along qualitative and quantitative measures
- Engaging with brand and supply chain partners to deliver market assessments and changes to global operating models
- Delivering insights and package findings into executive-ready content
- Coordinating supply chain functions in launching new markets or channels
- Contribute to strategic projects that enable improved supply chain optimization or capabilities. This includes:
- Identifying key issues and developing hypotheses on how to drive to conclusions
- Managing time and deliverables to work plans
- Performing analysis to deliver insights and translating insights into presentations
- Leading cross-functional project teams
- Develop knowledge of tools and systems that impact the supply chain
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations.
- Strong interest in the retailing industry and supply chain function preferred
- Self-starter with the ability and drive to independently frame problems and attack the work at hand
- Experience with quantitative analysis and project management
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments and bring structure
- Ability to drive to results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- 4-6 years of work experience, including at least 2 years of experience in management consulting and project management
Minimum Educational Level:
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top