Manager, Global Merchandise Planning, Gap Brand
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Manager of Global Planning is responsible for partnering with the cross functional team on the development of product strategies and leading the creation of the financial strategy including sales, margin and inventory from department to class and from globe to region. The Manager ensures that hindsight, assortment framework and financial strategies are built in a way that service all global markets by gathering and assessing data of the market and partnering with the regional teams. The Manager is responsible for Pre-season strategies through to global investment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manager, Global Planning oversees either a division or multiple global departments with the below responsibilities:
- Develops the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department and from globe to region.
- Responsible for building the assortment framework inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, and season code (time on offer).
- Partners with Design, Merchandising and Production for developing into a range that delivers IMU%.
- Partners with global marketing on key investments aligned to big ideas, campaigns and marketing.
- Accountable for the Inventory investment (style level buy) for Gap global business including US, Canada, Europe and Japan.
- Responsible for the management of basics inventory across the global markets ensuring the use of VMI.
- Responsible for delivering a flexible and responsive approach to inventory management inclusive of Test and Respond, Rapid Response and Open to buy.
- Partners with the Regional Inventory Management teams on delivering a comprehensive global hindsight to develop product and inventory strategies to service all global regions.
- Partners with Finance and Regional Inventory Management to create and manage to inventory budgets by quarter.
- Manage the financial success of a division or multiple divisions by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Manage the financial success of multiple divisions by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Lead the analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities for multiple departments.
- Collaborate with the global merchant team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments.
- Create pre-season sales, gm, and inventory plans by department and class that support product strategies.
- Manage the reconciliation of department targets and bottom-up plans.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Validate and present department financial forecast and strategies in OTB process.
- Identify risks and opportunities across key product categories.
- Coach and train planners to identify key learnings and develop future strategies.
- Review buy plans/strategies and ensure plans meet financial targets.
Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
Effectively influences senior leaders across the company both within Head Office and the Regional offices.
Leads effective team development and identifies succession planning across the organization.
Collaborates with peers to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge.
Drive for Results
High Integrity and Honesty
Dealing with Ambiguity
Partners and collaborates with Snr Director Global Planning, Head Merchants, Regional leaders and cross functional teams.
Reports to Director of Global IM.
55 THOMAS STREET
Minimum 5 to 6 years inventory management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
Ability to travel internationally
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top