Manager - Franchise PR
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Gap Inc.'s Franchise operations have brought the company's iconic global brands to markets around the world. As a key member of the PR team, the PR Manager will play a critical role in supporting the strategies designed to drive consistent Press and Communications for Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy. You will provide essential support to Franchise partners, ensuring each brand's aesthetics, vision and direction are strategically communicated in their markets through foundational and seasonal tool development and oversight of regionally driven initiatives. You will participate in translating divisional PR strategies into locally relevant plans, keeping a keen eye on cultural relevance and long and short-term objectives of our brands. Your contributions will help bring big ideas to life and create culturally-relevant, emotional and press-worthy initiatives for Gap Inc.'s Franchise brands.
- Develop and manage PR tools including seasonal press releases, cross-franchise recap reports, strategy decks, and contact lists.
- Communicate and liaise with the Gap Inc. Franchise Marketing team and external Franchise partners to concept, create and distribute PR assets and calendars; review plans; onboard new partners; spokesperson management; trouble-shoot; and collect results for seasonal and initiative based activities.
- Partner with Gap Inc. brand communications and cross-functional teams to secure seasonal and campaign-based PR and assets, information, and guidance. Re-purpose and localize the PR materials from Global for each market balancing brand aesthetic and cultural sensitivity.
- Manage assets and resources used in PR, including digital platforms containing franchise partner resources, team folders, calendars, and seasonal sample sets.
- Own internal marketing and internal communications to drive awareness and engagement across the Gap Inc. franchise team, as well as the broader company.
- Key lead within Gap Inc Franchise responsible for working with Corporate Communications on quarterly earnings, crisis management and disclosure committee for all things related to the Franchise business globally.
- Create a dashboard to track Franchise PR partnerships by conducting monthly calls tracking growth, competitive social analysis, and hindsighting, as well as reviewing influencer usage and PR results.
- Five to eight years of public relations experience, with a mix of agency and in-house positions.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in a Communications field.
- Proven understanding of all traditional and new media channels, and how they are evolving and intersecting.
- Demonstration of independent problem-solving skills.
- Experience partnering with marketing to support PR for new product launches, press material development, and events/promotions.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- International perspective and a thorough understanding of differing global cultures.
- Adept at MS PowerPoint and MS Office.
- Fashion or beauty / retail category a plus.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top