Manager, Fabric R&D, Knits, Gap Brand
The Manager of Fabric leverages consumer insights, mill strategies, andkey trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. He/Shewill support a 'Fabric First' mentality and strategy throughout theproduct-to-market process. He/She also provides direction and thoughtpartnership to their team in NY as well as their Mill Management and FabricEngineering peers in Asia based on cross-functional strategies.
- Analyze fabric needs across the brand and communicaterecommendations to Design and cross functional partners for leveragingqualities across divisions.
- Partner with Product Development and Merchandising to insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Support fabric process discipline throughoutproduct-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from MillWeek to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilitiesto Design and Merchandising seasonally.
- Maintain a fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well asarchive Gap Brand production fabrics.
- Track Fabric development KPIs and branddiscipline on number of seasonaldevelopments.
- Track fabric testing report and risk assessment tool to levelset expectations across functional areas.
- Support fabric pricing guidelines for line plan.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Fabric Expertise- experience with fabric constructions, dyetechniques, finishes, and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes.
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Team Leadership- has successfully led a team (direct and dotted line reportingrelationships).
- Collaboration- proven ability to influence and to make decisions across geographies in amatrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, andcollaboration across a leadership team.
- Detail Oriented- proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through.
- Change Management- experience leading with and without authority to influence others anddrive decision-making.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top