Manager - External Reporting
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Corporate Controller's Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including External Reporting. Through critical thinking, research and analysis, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and the issuance of the financial statements for our company.
As a Manager on the External Reporting team, you will be managing the SEC reporting process and external communications, such as the Form 10-K and 10-Q filings and other public reporting of financial information. You will also manage certain month-end and quarter-end accounting close processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong public accounting background and excellent organization and communication skills.
K EY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage our SEC reporting process, including the Form 10-K and 10-Q filings. Responsible for ensuring timely filings of the Form 10-K and 10-Q and complete disclosures in accordance with GAAP and SEC rules.
- Research and review disclosure requirements related to technical accounting issues and SEC requirements.
- Manage and maintain the SEC reporting tool.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Legal and various other business partners to prepare/review external communications, presentation materials, and Q&A's, including quarterly earnings releases and investor presentations.
- Manage certain month-end and quarter-end accounting close processes, including the review of cash flow statements, sales reconciliations, audit schedules, compliance questionnaires and other management reports.
- Review and prepare benchmarking analyses and participate in other special projects related to reporting matters.
- Train, develop and mentor a team of accounting professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required
- 6+ years of experience (3-5 years in public accounting with Big 4 accounting firm)
- Experience working for a publicly traded company preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within very tight deadlines
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of business partners, positive attitude, strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle and/or Essbase is a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top