Manager, Digital Innovation
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
We are looking for an Innovation Manager to be part of the Digital Operations team for Gap Online. The Innovation Manager will work closely with teams and key business leaders to drive proof of concepts around new digital marketing strategies and initiatives. This includes personalization, testing, vendor integration and complex special projects. We're looking for a creative thinker and self-starter that is comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment.
- Develop and drive digital solutions and strategies for special projects, including technical scoping.
- Organize and lead meetings with cross-functional teams within the brand and GapTech.
- Develop and manage project plans, timelines, documentation and roadmaps.
- Provide detailed and transparent project updates to team members and stakeholders at different levels.
- Continually assess business processes for effectiveness and improvement. Work with Senior Manager to drive and implement change.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen and sound judgement - able to identify, analyze and propose solutions. Experience successfully managing projects by collaborating with resources and partners across brand, marketing, design, web development and UX. Detail-oriented mindset with a big picture understanding to assess risks and identify efficiencies. Proven ability to work well under pressure with flexibility and fluidity. Must be comfortable with negotiating, handling changes in strategy, and creating structure out of ambiguity. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization to explain digital technology and drive alignment on new concepts and processes. Ability to build successful relationships and influence within a team and cross-functionally. Experience with designing and executing an A/B test. Strong understanding of industry best practices to research trends, analysis, and insights. Innate interest in new technology and a curiosity for digital innovation.
- BA/BS required
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in the digital/creative industry as a producer or project manager
- Minimum 3 years' experience in driving detailed project plans, business process enhancements and high-level project management
- Experience managing and updating digital properties (websites, apps, etc.)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top