Manager - Demand Aggregation - Inventory Management
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Demand Aggregation Manager coordinates and guides key preseason and in-season Inventory Management milestones, including alignment with cross functional partners on dependent strategies and operations. This role will clarify pressures in the financial plans and forecasts against current company financial perspective. Additionally, manager will identify risks to receipt plans to proactively address any operational issues. Ideal candidate would be comfortable working across many teams with a collaborative, open-minded approach. Clear, focused communication needed, including an ability to simplify complex topics.
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Learning Agility
- Oversees brand pre-season and in-season activities including weekly recap, Monthly forecasting, Seasonal Alignment ,and Investment Review
- Partner with Finance team to gain clarity on key financial targets and discuss seasonal changes
- Develop strategies and recommendations to divisional teams and finance to gain alignment
- Partner with IM and Finance leadership to develop aligned targets and direction for key meetings
- Maintain and communicate tools and templates for preseason and in-season financial meetings
- Evaluate season code performance on monthly basis; communicate risks and opportunities
- Tracks receipts, in partnership with Logistics, to identify risks to financial inventory targets.
- Continuous improvement of processes and tools
- Willingness to evolve as business needs change
- Flexible schedule to accommodate rotational weekend coverage
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management and Finance
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly; Essbase a plus.
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Effective teamwork and partnership
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top