Manager - Customer Strategy and Analytics
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc's family of dynamic brands. The Decision Support team within "Data and Analytics" drives value and innovation through the application and delivery of analytics within our brands and functional areas.
Reporting to the Director of Old Navy Decision Support, the Manager for Old Navy Decision Support works hand-in-hand with the Marketing, Finance, and Strategy teams within the brand to increase the effectiveness and scale of our marketing tactics, by understanding customers' responses and needs. They will also play a crucial role in identifying, validating, and supporting business growth opportunities by advancing the knowledge of our customers.
The successful candidate has a strong analytical mindset, is passionate about understanding the Customer's behavior and skilled at combining strategy and analytics, storytelling with data, and driving business decisions with analytics; they are expert at accessing and manipulating complex and large scale data, and applying analytics in support of business decisions.
Key areas of focus include leading a customer-focused digital marketing testing agenda, as well as uncover opportunities to improve our ability to acquire and retain customers.
What you'll do
- Query and manipulate customer data from multiple large-scale data sources using SQL and data science tools, and summarize the findings of your analysis, providing actionable recommendations
- Support business decisions via data-driven insights and recommendations
- Independently build relations with stakeholders translate their needs into analytic action plans
- Partner with Marketing/Finance/Strategy teams at Old Navy and the central Data Science team to set up and measure marketing tests
- Identify new opportunities for testing and/or improve the customer experience
- Develop and oversee product and customer behavior KPI monitoring systems by developing and evolving performance measurement dashboards and reporting
- Collaborate with cross-brand and cross-functional Decision Support team members to learn best practices to adopt in your role and identify opportunities to contribute to the larger team
- Continually learn about Gap Inc.'s data, systems and capabilities to continually improve your impact, influence and data storytelling skills
- Analytically minded with strong business acumen and excited for a role that requires you to combine the two
- 6+ years of experience in an analytics role, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment, or in a management/internal consulting role where analytics is a central area of focus
- Proficient in using SQL for analysis of large customer and transactional datasets; other languages, such as R, Python or SAS, a plus
- Passionate about retail, customer experience, and digital marketing
- An expert in A/B testing digital marketing campaigns
- An expert in creating advanced Excel data models and PowerPoint presentations
- A natural at drawing insights, making recommendations that drive business actions, and at nurturing business relations
- Curious, a quick learner, and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- A talented storyteller with superior presentation skills (written, visual and verbal)
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science, or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS degree strongly preferred, MBA a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top