Manager - Corporate Accounting
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Corporate Controller's Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process.
This position is a part of the Corporate Controller's Group and the role will be responsible for managing the monthly and quarterly close process for complex accounting areas such as share based compensation and bonus. The role will include managing and leading a team of senior accountants and assisting with other areas relating to the financial close and reporting process. The ideal candidate will have a public accounting background and be detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close processes including approving journal entries, reconciliations, and analyses relating to complex accounting areas such as share-based compensation and bonus
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of senior accountants
- Build and foster strong working relationships with a wide variety of business partners including Stock Administration, Compensation, Tax, Treasury, and FP&A
- Partner with the External Reporting team to ensure accurate footnotes and disclosures relating to share-based compensation and bonus.
- Communicate and work with the external auditors on quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and proper documentation of processes
- Manage the quarterly forecast and annual budget processes for Corporate Accounting
- Lead and participate in various cross-functional and special projects
- Assist in technical accounting research on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or certification in process
- 6+ years experience; public accounting background preferred
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to earn the trust and confidence of business partners
- Positive attitude and dependable team player
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle and Essbase a plus
- Familiarity with Equity Edge Online a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top