Manager, Company Planning
- This position is responsible for developing and communicating a clear and concise point of view on Gap business in order to influence business decisions that maximize both sales and gross margin dollars for the company.
- Influence business decisions through the creation of long term and short term sales, margin and inventory forecasts. Quantify and articulate risk and opportunity to achieve forecasts, as well as recommend actions to help mitigate risks.
- Partner with cross function teams (Inventory Management, Field, etc) to understand drivers of business and to ensure business actions/strategies maximize sales and profitability for the Company.
- Present forecasts, risks and opportunities in monthly forecast meetings with Leadership team.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis that provides business insight, drives business actions, and influences top line sales/profitability/inventory position.
- Serve as a liaison between Inventory Management and brand Finance.
- Develop detailed annual budgets and quarterly plan targets (monthly sales, margin and inventory plans) that support the strategic direction of the company.
- Ensure Inventory Management teams build inventory plans that support the budget through clear communication of budgets and detailed reviews of plans.
Provide hindsight recaps (season, quarter, events, etc) that clearly articulate highlights and learning in order to influence future business strategies.
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of financial planning and business analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence others.
- Excellent analytical application skills (Excel, etc.) and desire to master new systems; and, productivity application skills (PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to drive results and formulate business strategy.
- Open to new approaches to business, supporting out of the box thinking.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Bilingual (English & Japanese)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top