Manager - Category Strategy - Accessories
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The role is responsible to develop robust and executable category strategy (inclusive of vendor, mill, and production country) based on commodity and macro-economic drivers, evolving geo-political situation and brand long term needs of speed, cost, innovation and flexibility. Overall goal is to mitigate foreseeable risks in supply chain and reconfigure supply chain for future business needs while working with product stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop comprehensive understanding of current supply chain risks
- Build clear strategies to mitigate risks and align with business stakeholders on any business implications
- Build long terms plans, vendor and Mill strategy to best fulfill business needs of cost, speed, flexibility and innovation
- Plan and assess strategic investment / capabilities roadmaps
- Strategic Cost Negotiations
- Establish and lead regular category operations performance review meetings (Cost, Quality, Responsive, Sustainability)
- Macro Factors Management
- Track commodity market and analyze macro factors relevant to category on an ongoing basis
- Establish seasonal Net Macro Guidance and multi- year cost projections
- Support Corporate Initiatives
- Strategy and Consulting experience
- Proven experience in the field of strategy or management consulting. Prior experience in Strategy consulting, retail and/or consumer products
- Educational Qualifications
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in business administration, statistics, operation/supply-chain management, or related discipline
- Business Acumen
- Solid experience in supply chain knowledge
- Planning& Organizing
- Proven experience in plan, prioritize and adapt to change while achieving and maintaining results for multiple projects
- Excellent Communicator
- Proven capability to communicate and present effectively adapting to the audience needs.
- Proven ability to influence and make decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Experience managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented
Back to top