Manager, Active Fabric R&D - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
Candidate must possess strong leadershipskills with a history of building effective partnerships to drive newness andinnovation in brand fabric strategies to support brand sourcing and innovation goals.Individual will bring new ideas to the design table each season whilecontinually researching and developing and improving upon existing fabricationsfor improved quality and cost.
Partner and coordinate all phases of Performancefabric research and development with Design with an emphasis on forwardaesthetic and strategic thinking to determine direction for future seasonswhile driving the business forward. Drive adherence to platform fabricstrategies both within and across thecross functional teams
- Strong knowledge and understanding of production andproduct development with the ability to influence design in support of productionacross multiple divisions
- International travel for research anddevelopment
- Attendfabricshows to gain perspective on trend as it applies to Old Navy
- Regularly shops competitors and aspirationalbrands in order to better understand where they are and where they are going asit relates to fabrics and price points as it relates to Old Navy's business.
- Build strong relationships with crossfunctional partners including global production and GIS fabric teams
- Maintain a consistent alignment with Designfor all divisions on overall concepts as it ties to our Brand Strategy.
- Meet with key suppliers to gain clearunderstanding of future developments and competitive sourcing of fabrics
- Oversee performance and fabric library
- Participate in identifying potentialkey item fabrications for upcoming seasons
- Develops high performing individualcontributors and leaders of others
- Manage raw material process toachieve cost and responsive supply chaingoals
- Compile and present seasonal trendsto design
- Communicate and elevate potential Qualityand AUC issues to leadership with potential solve in season
- Manage product integrity by reviewingtesting exception reports. Trouble shoots to solve and recommend options.
- Work closely with Global Productionand vendors to ensure smooth handoff of Design Development packages andseamless execution of product
- Monitor R & D calendar to ensureall development dates are adhered to and that follow through is achieved
- Oversee fabric approvals with Designdetermining proper hand feel, wash and construction
- Review and evaluate with Designduplicative fabrics and where we can consolidate fabrics on a seasonal basis
- Manage alignment cross divisionallyon fabric strategies
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Performance fabrications
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions
- Working knowledge and understanding of Production
- Proven ability to work closely and partner effectively with Designers ,GIS ,mills ,vendors and production partners
- Proven strong management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to regularly interface with and influence senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 4+ years in textile industry working with fabrics
- 2 years of management experience preferred
- Ability to travel throughout U.S. and internationally as needed
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top