Maintenance Technician III
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Shift: Night shift (Core hours 10pm-5am), flexibility with start and end time.
Working every other weekend, and 4 days off the other weekends.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of the facility and all equipment within the facility. Timely and through completion of equipment preventive maintenance (PM) will be a daily requirement. These PMs include but are not limited to repair of forklifts, conveyors, associated material handling equipment and electrical equipment as well as general maintenance of the DC. The Maintenance Technician must promptly identify and troubleshoot equipment and facility problems to eliminate root cause. Familiarity with distribution center technology and process flow is an asset. Safely operate warehouse equipment and machinery. Perform major equipment repairs using a variety of tools and available resources. Provide technical training to colleagues. Work within safety guidelines and policies of Gap and the Maintenance department at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- Accountability for compliance to all safety guidelines and departmental procedures
- Detect / identify safety hazards and plan/organize smart solutions
- Develop project plans, organize and/or lead projects
- Provide departmental training and mentoring as needed
- Ability to work independently, lead or work as part of a team
- Perform mechanical and electrical service ranging from basic to advanced repairs on all equipment
- Apply advanced conveyor knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate familiarity with and/or experience with Building Management Systems
- Ability to learn and use a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Track parts usage and maintain stock of spare parts
- Perform PM's, repairs and overhauls on all associated mechanical & electrical equipment. Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner
- Perform equipment diagnostics/repairs of motor control systems, forklifts, scanners, and Building Systems
- Design, oversee, and assist in the installation of electrical circuits as per applicable codes
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation and utilization of various Test & Metering equipment
- Ability to develop and utilize PLC Logic for troubleshooting/ modifications
- Ability to gain forklift/boom/scissor lifts certification
- Obtain and maintain a PIV (powered industrial vehicle) license to operate all PIV equipment associated within the DC
- Maintain expected level of cleanliness in all assigned work areas.
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and overtime
- On Target performance of tasks listed and other duties as assigned
- Must be knowledgeable about all types of belting and be able to make any necessary repairs to belts and associated equipment
- Experienced with troubleshooting conveyor sensors, drives, and control logic
Electrical: Power Distribution
- Functional knowledge of 600, 480, 220, and 110 electrical powers and low voltage systems
- Must have proven electrical experience in medium to low voltage distribution equipment
- Must have proven ability to troubleshoot and install all electrical equipment
- Must be able to read and troubleshoot from as built drawings and electrical schematics
- Must be able to effectively analyze and rebuild all types of motors
- Must have experience with programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC control. Must be able to size all electrical equipment
- Must be proficient at troubleshooting and analysis of various types of reducers. Must be able to rebuild reducers effectively.
- Any required. Sweating pipe, black iron pipe, sizing pipe.
- Must be proficient at maintaining and troubleshooting all HVAC equipment in the facility.
- Proficiency with MIG welding an asset
- Ability to develop and/or perform welding and fabrication. Knowledge of ARC, MIG and gas welding.
- Able to perform fabrication from drawings
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- Moderate to Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude - proven skills through formal and informal training, as well as experience. Technical certifications preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience as a maintenance electrician/mechanic or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience of Allan Bradley PLCs
- Prior experience with use of CMMS (Maintenance Connection an asset)
- Time Management
- Utilize standard office software programs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Minimum education level:
- Technical training/qualifications in maintenance/electrical discipline
- Electrician and/or Millwright certification an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must present professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Maintain open communication channels with the DC Management, work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects
- Can be called upon to work on any maintenance repair or project, or be used on any type work needed when working as a team participant.
KEY BENEFITS :
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days
- Maternity leave top up.
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee family assistance program.
*For eligible employees
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top