Maintenance Technician II
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
General Summary: This position is responsible for routine equipment PM's (preventative maintenance) and repairs to forklifts, conveyors, associated DC equipment and electrical equipment as well as general maintenance of the DC. Identify and troubleshoot forklift, conveyor, electrical power and motor controls. Safely operate warehouse equipment and machinery. Identify and troubleshoot routine equipment failures. Perform equipment repairs requiring welding and fabrication. Knowledge of distribution center technology and process flow. Provide technical training to Maintenance Helper's and Mechanic I's. Work within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs on equipment associated with warehouse distribution.
- Department Safety - responsible for following all safety guidelines. With a strong emphasis on Lock-out Tag-out and Fall protection.
- Obtain and maintain a PIV (powered industrial vehicle) license to operate all PIV equipment associated with your assigned location within 90 days of employment.
- On Target performance of all tasks listed and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Evaluation Criteria
- Advanced mechanical abilities. Perform routine technical and electrical repairs.
- Perform equipment diagnostics/repairs of motor control systems, and forklifts.
- Working knowledge of 600, 480, 277, 220, and 110 electrical powers. (single and three phase electric)
- Basic working knowledge of PLC's.
- Perform welding and fabrication assignments. Knowledge of ARC, MIG and gas welding. Able to perform fabrication from mechanical drawings.
- Perform PM's, repairs and overhauls on all associated equipment. Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of the Energy Management System.
- Detect safety hazards and plan/organize safe solutions.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Lead projects and effectively direct the efforts of maintenance associates through the course of the project.
- Provide training for subordinate Maintenance Associates as needed.
- Maintain expected level of cleanliness in all assigned work areas.
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and overtime.
Organization Relationships: Maintain open communication channels with the DC Management, Maintenance Associates and Maintenance Management. Work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude - proven skills through past experience, either formal or informal training.
- 2 to 3 years of practical experience preferred as a maintenance mechanic or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Office programs: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Time Management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Minimum education level:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must present professional demeanor and appearance at all times. This will include, but not limited to facial hair being well trimmed, hair pulled back and combed and wearing attire that is in accordance with Gap Inc. dress codes and in a clean and well-maintained condition.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top