Maintenance Technician I
GENERAL SUMMARY: To assist in the general maintenance and janitorial upkeep of the entire facility. The maintenance mechanic I job level is intended to classify this employee as a maintenance trainee, who is involved with the following job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mechanical Helper: Mechanical aptitude, basic mechanical such as auto repair, helper status at other jobs.
- Electrical Helper: 110 volts electric, such as extension cords, fan cords, lights, and ballast changes.
- Janitorial Assistant - Use of scrubbers, basic use of chemicals for cleaning, shampoo carpets.
- Plumbing Helper - Unclog drains and toilets, use drain cleaning machines, propane torch use.
- PM Project - Lubrication, cleaning conveyor, removing strap and string.
- Forklift - Be able to qualify for driving a forklift.
- Batteries - Changing, check water levels, cleaning.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Can be helper to any class worker or work along on basic unsupervised projects. Can be used in any area of janitorial or mechanical maintenance to the need of the company. Receives primary direction from the foreman and guidance from the maintenance mechanics II or III.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Must be able to read and write English
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School and Technical School preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top