- Reynoldsburg, OH
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The role of a Maintenance Technician III in a Gap Inc. distribution center places you on the front line of all general and preventative maintenance repairs with the ability to perform all lower level technician duties.
As a Maintenance Technician III you will identify and effectively troubleshoot complex mechanical or electrical problems while making sound decisions to effectively eliminate downtime. This position is responsible for leading technicians in the completion of assigned projects, including critical rebuilds.
The position functions as a lead technician in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor. As a Maintenance Technician III you will develop expert level knowledge of all DC technology, systems, and process flows.
Along with providing technical training to Technician Assistant's, Technician I's, and Technician II's while working within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
What you'll do
- Perform all major repairs/tasks using shop equipment: band saw, Arc and Mig welders, Torch, Hydraulic Press, drill press, lift equipment etc...
- Perform all conveyor, forklift and electrical maintenance
- Perform all general plumbing tasks
- Effectively lead special projects such as preventative maintenance and retro fitting certain equipment
- Remain proficient in all maintenance areas associated with the assigned facility including proper trainings
- Communicate effectively with all DC and maintenance personnel
- Assist with PLC, electrical, and basic mechanical maintenance repairs
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Customer Impact
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate electrical and PLC knowledge - understanding electrical prints
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top