Maintenance Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop People - Direct reporting responsibility for shift Maintenance personnel.Establish clear performance objectives for direct reports.Complete performance appraisals and provide regular feedback to associates.Schedule training for associates according to development needs.Participate in hiring process for department personnel.
• Equipment Maintenance - Oversee maintenance of facility equipment to achieve key performance goals with regard to uptime, cost per unit, and utilization.Provide regular feedback on performance. Assist in development of preventative and predictive maintenance program.Oversee effectiveness and schedule work. Insure proper recording of all work orders in CMMS system, and utilize data to identify trends in repairs, evaluate equipment performance, and update business partners on work schedules and accomplishments.
• Facilities Maintenance - Oversee upkeep of facility according to calendar and quality guidelines. Provide clean and safe work environment.Support janitorial staff by providing tools and supplies necessary to perform work.Complete facility improvement projects, such as painting, striping, etc.
• Department Safety - Implement and enforce proper safety practices by all department personnel.Insure all equipment safety devices are intact and in working condition.
• Budgeting and Purchasing - Provide input on Maintenance expense budget for facility.Allocate resources to complete work with minimal overtime.Secure parts, tools, and services within budget guidelines.Manage parts inventory to balance availability and monetary investment.Maintain accurate record of inventory in CMMS by establishing and overseeing procedures for parts usage.Interface with vendors to build business partnerships.
• Project Management - Maintain current project list for facility and provide status updates to business partners.Allocate resources to insure completion within schedule guidelines.Assist with implementation of new equipment and technologies.Participate in commissioning process and make recommendations for improvement.
• Builds trust with direct and indirect business partners by explaining rationale behind processes and approach taken to decision making.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Material handling equipment
• Electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, PLC
• Safety regulations and codes
• Strong written and oral communication
• Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop both self and others
• Understand computer applications
• Ability to analyze problems, create solutions, and multi-task with attention to detail
2) Minimum educational level:
• Associates degree in technical or business field preferred
3) Minimum experience:
• 5 years practical experience as a technician
• 3 to 5 years Maintenance lead role
• Material handling, facilities maintenance
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top