Maintenance Supervisor (2nd Shift)
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to provide direct leadership of the Maintenance staff on the assigned team. The supervisor has direct responsibility to support the daily facility operation, manage the maintenance team to complete the weekly maintenance plan, and focus on employee engagement. Includes decision making in evaluating performance, hiring and termination.
What you'll do
- Develop People - Lead, develop, and build relationships with a team consisting of maintenance technicians, parts clerks, and janitors. Responsible for establishing clear performance objectives, providing regular performance feedback, scheduling trainings for technicians according to development needs, and consistent application of organization policies.
- Department Safety - Responsible for enforcing safety practices. Train and ensure team members are current with all safety requirements such as: Lock Out / Tag Out, conveyor safety, proper PM procedures, working knowledge of NEC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA, HAZMAT. Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Equipment Maintenance - Oversee maintenance of facility equipment to achieve key performance goals with regards to uptime, cost per unit, and utilization. Assist in development of preventative and predictive maintenance program. Insure proper recording of all work orders in CMMS system and utilize data to identify trends in repairs, evaluate equipment performance, and update business partners on work schedules and accomplishments.
- Facilities Maintenance -Oversee upkeep of facility according to calendar and quality guidelines. Ability to oversee and troubleshoot maintenance/construction projects and facility improvement projects. Ensure maintenance supplies on hand are accurate and contain an economically balanced level of spare parts, tools, and materials. Manage janitorial supplies on hand are economically stocked.
- Project Management - Assist in developing maintenance budgets, control internal departmental operating costs, assist in maintaining capital project expenditures and reduce daily expenses within the department. Work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects and build business partnership. Maintain current project list for facility and provide status updates to business partners.
Who you are
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree preferred or equivalent experiences
- 3 years direct maintenance leadership responsibility
- 3 years of practical experience in material handling system maintenance
- Project and time management, strong written and oral communication skills
- Mechanical and electrical abilities to support any facility
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top