Maintenance Assistant - Fresno Distribution Campus
General Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the daily operation of the facility through providing floor coverage and safe operation of related warehouse equipment and machinery. Support maintenance mechanics while conducting PM's (preventative maintenance) and repairs on equipment. Develop a thorough understanding of the process of operations for all associated equipment allowing you to safely clear jams and maintain product flow. Identify and communicate basic mechanical failures. Work within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor. Willingness to work any and all shifts including weekends and overtime.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to assist mechanics with mechanical repairs on equipment associated with warehouse distribution.
- Operate Battery Changing Equipment
- Follow start-up and shut down procedures for air compressors and dryers.
- Operate and perform basic PM's on assigned equipment.
- Monitor and maintain carton flow on conveyor lines – clearing of jams.
- Operate Baler and Compactor
- Department Safety – responsible for following all safety guidelines. With a strong emphasis on Lock-out Tag-out and Fall protection.
- Obtain and maintain a PIV (powered industrial vehicle) license to operate all PIV equipment associated with your assigned location within 90 days of employment.
- On Target performance of all tasks listed and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Evaluation Criteria
- Basic mechanical aptitude – ability to assist mechanics with PM's and repairs.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Ability to perform general maintenance to include; painting, plumbing events, hanging of signs, bulb replacement and facility upkeep in a timely manner;
- Operate and perform basic PM's on carton strapping/taping machines.
- Understanding of the process of operation of the facility and your ability to effectively communicate issues.
- Ability to utilize conveyor cameras and HMI workstations to maintain product flow.
- Performance of basic custodial duties as needed.
- Ability to operate the Baler and Compactor.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and plan/organize safe solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Provide Maintenance Helper Training as needed.
- Maintain expected level of cleanliness in all assigned work areas.
Organization Relationships: Maintain open communication channels with the DC Management, Maintenance Associates and Maintenance Management.
3685 N. GAP DR.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- General mechanical and aptitude – proven skills through past experience, either formal or informal training.
- 1 to 2 years of practical experience as a maintenance helper or equivalent is preferred.
- Time Management
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to read and write English
Minimum education level:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must present professional demeanor and appearance at all times. This will include, but not limited to facial hair being well trimmed, hair pulled back and combed and wearing attire that is in accordance with Gap Inc. dress codes and in a clean and well-maintained condition.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top