Loss Prevention Service Representative - Stonestown Galleria
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Loss Prevention Service Representative's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all store associates and customers and to support the shortage reduction efforts. They may be responsible for monitoring the employee entrance/exit and/or customer entrance/exit. Finally, they are to work closely with Loss Prevention personnel to ensure all aspects of Loss Prevention are being followed.
Contribute to shortage reduction / Investigations - 55%
- Work closely with the LP Supervisor to ensure that all employees are following policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the employee entrance, where applicable.
- Assists in making apprehensions with certified LP Agents when requested by observing and acting as witness.
Training and Development - 30%
- Sign in employees/vendors and verify any Gap Inc. merchandise.
- Sign out employees/vendors and verify all Gap Inc. merchandise and verify purchases against the employee's receipt.
- Keep track of all packages delivered through the employee entrance, excluding normal scheduled shipments.
- Ensure that the employee entrance is run efficiently by ensuring that all of the necessary paperwork is accessible at all times.
Operations / Safety - 15%
- Provide a visual presence at the entrance/exit through courteous and professional interaction with customers.
- Support Loss Prevention agent as a back-up in shoplifting apprehensions and serving as witness as needed. Apprehensions.
This is an entry-level loss prevention position within the store level operations. This position communicates primarily to the store management team with direction on overall loss prevention strategy and programs coming from the LP Supervisor, LPM, FLPM, DLPM or RLPM.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- Basic understanding of retail or security.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top