Loss Prevention Service Representative - Queens Center
- Queens, NY
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Loss Prevention Service Representative's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all store associates and customers and to support the shortage reduction efforts by providing a strong visible presence at the front end. They may be responsible for monitoring the employee entrance/exit and/or customer entrance/exit. They are to work closely with store leaders and Loss Prevention personnel to ensure all Loss Prevention initiatives are compliant to brand standards while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the LP Supervisor to ensure that all employees are following policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the employee entrance, where applicable.
- Assists in making apprehensions with certified LP Agents when requested by observing and acting as witness.
- Sign in employees/vendors and verify any Gap Inc. merchandise.
- Sign out employees/vendors and verify all Gap Inc. merchandise and verify purchases against the employee's receipt.
- Keep track of all packages delivered through the employee entrance, excluding normal scheduled shipments.
- Ensure that the employee entrance is run efficiently by ensuring that all of the necessary paperwork is accessible at all times.
- Provide a visual presence at the entrance/exit through courteous and professional interaction with customers.
- Support Loss Prevention agent as a back-up in shoplifting apprehensions and serving as witness as needed. Apprehensions.
- This is an entry-level loss prevention position within the store level operations. This position communicates primarily to the store management team with direction on overall loss prevention strategy and programs coming from the LP Supervisor, LPM, FLPM, DLPM or RLPM.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- Basic understanding of retail or security.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top