Loss Prevention Service Representative - Lloyd Center
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Loss Prevention Service Representative's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all store associates and customers and to support the shortage reduction efforts. They may be responsible for monitoring the employee entrance/exit and/or customer entrance/exit. Finally, they are to work closely with Loss Prevention personnel to ensure all aspects of Loss Prevention are being followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contribute to shortage reduction / Investigations - 55%
- Work closely with the LP Supervisor to ensure that all employees are following policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the employee entrance, where applicable.
- Assists in making apprehensions with certified LP Agents when requested by observing and acting as witness.
2. Training and Development - 30%
- Sign in employees/vendors and verify any Gap Inc. merchandise.
- Sign out employees/vendors and verify all Gap Inc. merchandise and verify purchases against the employee's receipt.
- Keep track of all packages delivered through the employee entrance, excluding normal scheduled shipments.
- Ensure that the employee entrance is run efficiently by ensuring that all of the necessary paperwork is accessible at all times.
3. Operations / Safety - 15%
- Provide a visual presence at the entrance/exit through courteous and professional interaction with customers.
- Support Loss Prevention agent as a back-up in shoplifting apprehensions and serving as witness as needed. Apprehensions.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: This is an entry-level loss prevention position within the store level operations. This position communicates primarily to the store management team with direction on overall loss prevention strategy and programs coming from the LP Supervisor, LPM, FLPM, DLPM or RLPM.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
3) Minimum experience:
- 1-2 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- Basic understanding of retail or security.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top