Loss Prevention Manager - Fort Worth/Rio Grande Valley
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Responsible for communicating and implementing Loss Prevention strategies and creating a localized strategy within assigned location. Responsible for hiring, training, developing and supervising of 5-15 Loss Prevention agents. Responsible for investigations, operations, training and Loss Prevention budgets within assigned location. Manage vendors, physical security and contract guards within location.
Contribute to shortage reduction / Investigations - 55%
- Develop schedules, and assignments for LP Agents/Supervisors.
- Assist with the implementation of the target store/ shortage reduction program.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of DLPM and RLPM.
- Ensure compliance with company apprehension guidelines.
- Conducts investigations and interviews for inventory, cash loss, and breach of company policies and procedures.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify employee theft.
- Assist with internal investigations as directed by supervisor.
- Review incident reports to ensure compliance to loss prevention standards.
Training and Development - 30%
- Responsible for recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel.
- Responsible for developing and administering Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins, and annual reviews for 5-15 Loss Prevention agents.
- Coordinate and participate in storewide management meetings focused on Loss Prevention training and awareness.
- Participate in loss prevention training for the on boarding process of new hires.
Operations / Safety - 15%
- Manage loss prevention staffing budget.
- Work with store management on ensuring operational compliance.
- Work with store management on completing operational audits, and ensure that store physical security standards are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure safe environment.
- Train and Audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency procedures, alarm testing, etc.)
- Supervise 5-15 Loss Prevention Agents (or Supervisors) in assigned store/market.
- Communicate daily activities to the District Loss Prevention Manager/Regional Loss Prevention Manager and the GM/Management team.
- Interfaces with Field /Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations).
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills.
- Loss Prevention investigation and interviewing skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Must be able to stand/walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top