Loss Prevention Manager
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
General oversight responsibility for all facility activities relating to loss prevention concerns; in addition to direct facility responsibility, secondary support to the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) regarding oversight to third party and pooler/shipping vendors. Works at the cross-brand level to ensure the effective implementation of Loss Prevention programs and initiatives. Work closely with the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) and Distribution Center Leadership team to increase LP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses to their assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to shortage reduction/Investigations 50%
- Supervise the LP Agents and Leads; oversee the general and daily activities of Loss Prevention department.
- Serve as the primary point person for all facility loss prevention issues, in partnership with Loss Prevention team.
- Use discretion and independent judgment to manage all campus loss prevention issues as the primary point person, in partnership with the Loss Prevention team..
- Manage the implementation of all loss prevention initiatives as directed by the Campus Loss Prevention Business
- Leader (RLPM or Director); support the roll out of loss prevention strategies as well as budgetary compliance.
- In partnership with the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director), manage cross-brand initiatives to impact loss prevention metrics and results. Support the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) in the management of third party vendors, poolers and shipping companies.
- Work with Distribution Center Operations personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions; in partnership with Loss Prevention Advisor, determine the assignment of appropriate resources (to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Oversee audit and compliance initiatives regarding physical security standards.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Oversee respective Loss Prevention Advisors in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related activities.
- Maintain focus on e-Commerce Loss Prevention initiatives and maintain a full understanding of loss prevention principles in the context of online business transactions; support the transition of Global Supply Chain Loss Prevention goals and ideals to the online environment.
- A ssist in the recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention Agents and Leads.
- Develop and administer Individual Development Objectives, monthly performance check-ins and provide feedback for annual review process for Loss Prevention Agents and Leads.
- Support the development of awareness campaigns by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, etc.).
- Participate in and support the on-boarding process for all new hires within area of responsibility.
Operations/ Safety 30 %
- Work with supervisory and managerial personnel to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with Distribution Center Operations personnel to complete operational audits, ensuring that physical security standards are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure safe environment.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong people management ability.
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four year college degree preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
- 3-4 years of Loss Prevention experience.
- 2-4 years supervisory experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand/walk distribution center floor for hours at a time.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top