Loss Prevention Lead - Old Navy - Cambridgeside
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to shortage reduction/ Investigations
- Supervises the development of schedules and determines assignments for Loss Prevention Agents. Oversee the general and daily activities of between 2 and 8 Loss Prevention Agents.
- Assist with and oversee the implementation of the awareness programs, conducting program evaluations regularly including Target Store visits and on an as-needed basis.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions; determine the assignment of appropriate Loss Prevention resources (i.e. agents, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Audit and oversee compliance initiatives regarding physical security standards (EAS systems, perimeter alarms, locks, doors, etc.)
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of District Loss Prevention Manager and or Regional Loss Prevention Manager. Oversee agent investigations and partner appropriately.
- Act as a witness during any loss prevention interviews as conducted by the Regional Loss Prevention Manager, Area Investigator or District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Oversee respective agent population in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related activities.
- Utilize company tools to audit policy and procedures related to internal controls and communicate findings to immediate supervisor as well as with the store leadership team.
- Work with Organized Retail Crime Manager to identify and combat external crime rings. Participate in and oversee the development of cases on Habitual Offenders. Ensure that appropriate level of visibility to Habitual Offenders and Organized Retail crime rings is maintained and proactively work to identify opportunities to address issues.
- Partner with all Loss Prevention team members from a cross-brand approach on a regular basis to share external intelligence and best practices. Ensure the relevant communication to supervised populations and determine business partner awareness initiatives.
- Participate in area Loss Prevention networks to develop relationships with peer retailers, mall/center security and law enforcement.
- Work in the assigned area completing tasks and assignments as directed by the District Loss Prevention Manager. Ensure the appropriate management of work load and the dissemination of tasks to agent population.
- Collect weekly statistics from the Loss Prevention Agent population and ensure appropriate reporting to the District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party.
- Review incident reports to ensure compliance with loss prevention standards.
Training and Development
- Assist in the recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel. Participate in all initiatives relating to company awareness and recruiting activities.
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings and other field-related meetings as appropriate and necessary; ensure awareness campaigns are managed appropriately at the field level by interfacing with field leadership.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, awareness programs etc.)
- Participate in and supervise the on-boarding process for all new hires within area of responsibility. Participating in New Employee Orientation classes as well as individual training sessions.
- Educate store staff on Organized Retail Crime techniques, trends and preventative measures.
- Assist the District Loss Prevention Manager in communicating and ensuring the understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Loss Prevention Agent to the Store Leadership Teams.
- Train the Store Leadership Teams on how to handle difficult and escalated customer situations.
Operations / Safety
- Work with management to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with store management to complete operational audits, ensuring that store physical security standards are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure a safe work and store environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency procedures, downtime boxes, equipment, etc.)
- Supervise Loss Prevention personnel in assigned store/area. Communicate daily activities to the District Loss Prevention Manager/Regional Loss Prevention Manager and the GM/Management team. Interfaces with Field and Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations).
100 CAMBRIDGESIDE PLACE
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems and other technical components.
- Strong people management ability.
Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top