Loss Prevention Lead - Corbins Corner
- West Hartford, CT
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company and ensuring a safe environment for our employees and customers. Utilizes the tools and resources available to initiate and follow through on internal investigations. Work closely with store management to increase LP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses to their assigned area of responsibility.
- Positively demonstrate the company's Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management.
- At the direction of the District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party, assist with and oversee the implementation of the awareness programs, conduct program evaluations regularly, including Target Store visits on an as-needed basis.
- At the direction of the District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party, work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of Area Loss Prevention Manager/District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Act as a witness during any loss prevention interviews as conducted by the Regional Loss Prevention Manager, Area Investigator or District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Support respective agent population in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related activities.
- Utilize company tools to audit policy and procedures related to internal controls and communicate findings to immediate supervisor as well as with the store leadership team.
- Work with Organized Retail Crime Manager to identify and combat external crime rings by participating in and overseeing the development of cases on Habitual Offenders. Ensure that appropriate level of visibility to Habitual Offenders and Organized Retail crime rings is maintained, and proactively work to identify opportunities to address issues.
- Partner on a regular basis with Loss Prevention team members from cross-brands to share external intelligence and best practices and inform business partners as appropriate.
- Participate in area Loss Prevention networks to develop professional relationships with peer retailers, mall/center security and law enforcement.
- Collect weekly statistics from the Loss Prevention Agent population, review incident reports to ensure compliance with loss prevention standards and ensure appropriate reporting to the District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party.
- Work in your assigned area completing tasks and assignments as directed by the District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party.
- Assist DLPM or other supervising party in the recruiting, hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel.
- Actively participate in NEO classes and storewide and individual sales associate meetings to educate employees on matters of Loss Prevention and safety procedures.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources to your business partners (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, awareness programs etc.).
- Educate store staff on Organized Retail Crime techniques, trends and preventative measures.
- Assist the District Loss Prevention Manager in communicating and ensuring the understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Loss Prevention Agent to the Store Leadership Teams.
- Train the Store Leadership Teams on how to handle difficult and escalated customer situations.
- Work with management to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with store management to complete operational audits, ensuring that store physical security standards (EAS systems, perimeter alarms, locks, doors, etc.) are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure a safe work and store environment.
- Promote and support awareness of store safety standards as they relate to security and safety procedures (Code Adam, emergency procedures, downtime boxes, equipment, etc.).
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems and other technical components.
- Strong people management ability.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top