Loss Prevention Lead - Bellevue Square
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company and ensuring a safe environment for our employees and customers. Utilizes the tools and resources available to initiate and follow through on internal investigations. Responsible for the recruiting, training, developing and supervising of between 2 to 8 Loss Prevention Agents. Work closely with store management to increase LP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses to their assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contribute to shortage reduction/Investigations - 50%
- Supervises the development of schedules and determines assignments for Loss Prevention Agents. Oversee the general and daily activities of between 2 and 8 Loss Prevention Agents.
- Assist with and oversee the implementation of the All Store Awareness Program , conducting program evaluations regularly including Target Store visits and on an as-needed basis.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions; determine the assignment of appropriate Loss Prevention resources (i.e. agents, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Audit and oversee compliance initiatives regarding physical security standards (EAS systems, perimeter alarms, locks, doors, etc.).
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of District Loss Prevention Manager and or Regional Loss Prevention Manager. Oversee agent investigations and partner appropriately.
- Certified to and act as a witness during any loss prevention interviews as conducted by the Regional Loss Prevention Manager, Area Investigator or District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Oversee respective agent population in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related activities.
- Utilize company tools to audit policy and procedures related to internal controls and communicate findings to immediate supervisor as well as with the store leadership team.
- Work with Organized Retail Crime Manager to identify and combat external crime rings. Participate in and oversee the development of cases on Habitual Offenders. Ensure that appropriate level of visibility to Habitual Offenders and Organized Retail crime rings is maintained and proactively work to identify opportunities to address issues.
- Partner with all Loss Prevention team members from a cross-brand approach on a regular basis to share external intelligence and best practices. Ensure the relevant communication to supervised populations and determine business partner awareness initiatives.
- Participate in area Loss Prevention networks.
- Work in the assigned area completing tasks and assignments as directed by the District Loss Prevention Manager. Ensure the appropriate management of work load and the dissemination of tasks to agent population.
- Collect weekly statistics from the Loss Prevention Agent population and ensure appropriate reporting to the District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party.
2. Training/Development - 30%
- Assist in the recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel. Participate in all initiatives relating to company awareness and recruiting activities.
- Responsible for developing and administering Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins, and for providing feedback to District Loss Prevention Manager for annual reviews for the Loss Prevention Agents in their area of responsibility.
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings and other field-related meetings as appropriate and necessary; ensure awareness campaigns are managed appropriately at the field level by interfacing with field leadership.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, All Store Awareness Program etc.).
- Participate in and supervise the on-boarding process for all new hires within area of responsibility. Participating in New Employee Orientation classes as well as individual training sessions.
- Educate store staff on Organized Retail Crime techniques, trends and preventative measures.
- Assist the District Loss Prevention Manager in communicating and ensuring the understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Loss Prevention Agent to the Store Leadership Teams.
- Train the Store Leadership Teams on how to handle difficult and escalated customer situations.
3. Operations/Safety - 20%
- Work with management to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with store management to complete operational audits, ensuring that store physical security standards are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure a safe work and store environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards ( Code Adam , emergency procedures, downtime boxes, equipment, etc.).
1. Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems and other technical components.
- Strong people management ability.
2. Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
3. Minimum experience:
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
4. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand/walk sales floor for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top