Loss Prevention Lead - Banana Republic Factory Store - Jersey Gardens
Responsible for applying his/her Loss Prevention expertise, taking a proactive approach to resolving losses within assigned stores through external investigations and training and awareness. Work closely with LP leadership to resolve internal investigations. Responsible for protecting the assets of the company and ensuring a safe environment for our employees and customers through operational compliance, audits and incident reporting. Create and deliver Loss Prevention training to store management teams and store associates. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing and supervising 1 to 8 members of Loss Prevention personnel. Manage vendors, physical security, and contract guards. Work closely with LP leadership, DM's and all levels of store management to ensure that all aspects of Loss Prevention are in compliance with company standards. Assist with Gap Inc. cross divisional initiatives, projects and committees.
Contribute to shortage reduction/ Investigations
- Supervises the development of schedules and determines assignments for Loss Prevention Agents. Oversee the general and daily activities of up to 8 Loss Prevention personnel.
- Assist with and oversee the implementation of the awareness programs, conducting program evaluations regularly including Target Store visits on an as-needed basis.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions; determine the assignment of appropriate Loss Prevention resources (i.e. agents, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Audit and oversee compliance initiatives regarding physical security standards (EAS systems, perimeter alarms, locks, doors, etc.).
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of LP leadership.
- Act as a witness during any loss prevention interviews.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Oversee respective agent population in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related activities.
- Audit policy and procedures related to internal controls and communicate findings to immediate supervisor and store leadership team.
- Certified and authorized to conduct ORC operations specific to Outlet division. Utilize all available resources to identify and resolve ORC activity in assigned Outlet locations.
- Work with ORC business partners to identify and resolve ORC and habitual offender theft activity. Participate in cross divisional ORC market investigations.
- Regularly partner with all Loss Prevention cross-divisional business partners to share external intelligence and best practices and communicate with assigned agents, store management and associates.
- Participate in area Loss Prevention networks to develop relationships with peer retailers, mall/center security and law enforcement.
- Regularly communicate weekly and monthly statistics from assigned stores to LP leadership.
- Review incident reports to ensure compliance with loss prevention standards.
Training and Development
- Assist in the recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel. Participate in all initiatives relating to company awareness and recruiting activities.
- Participate in store management, sales associate and other field-related meetings. Ensure awareness campaigns are properly managed in assigned stores.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of the Loss Prevention training program for Loss Prevention personnel as per company guidelines.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, awareness programs etc.).
- Participate in and supervise the on-boarding process for all new hires within area of responsibility. Participate in New Employee Orientation classes as well as individual training sessions.
- Educate store staff on Organized Retail Crime techniques, trends and preventative measures.
- Ensure the roles and responsibilities of the Loss Prevention Agent team are communicated to and understood by the Store Leadership Teams.
- Train the Store Leadership Teams on how to handle difficult and escalated customer situations.
- Responsible for developing and administering Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins, and annual reviews for Loss Prevention personnel.
Operations / Safety
- Work with management to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with store management to complete LP and operational audits, ensuring that store physical security and safety standards are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure a safe work and store environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency procedures, downtime boxes, equipment, etc.).
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Supervise Loss Prevention personnel in assigned store/area. Communicate daily activities to the LP leadership and store management teams.
1000 KAPKOWSKI ROAD
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems and other technical components.
- Strong people management ability.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top