Loss Prevention Ambassador - Bay Street
At Athleta, we're on a mission to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential. We are always reaching for amazing and believe that challenge is what fuels us. Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for innovators to join our team who find inspiration in the same things we do – like supporting our communities, empowering others, and being part of something bigger. We thrive on building a collaborative team atmosphere and recognize that alone we are strong and together we thrive.
As a Loss Prevention Ambassador with Athleta you are a brand advocate for our retail stores. You model and lead through the lens of the brand mission and values. You support the store environment in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture. You hold a very important responsibility in creating a culture of safety and profitability in the store by providing a strong visible presence in key areas of the sales floor while acting as a field representative and brand advocate for Athleta. Working in a growth brand requires you to accept change swiftly and embrace learning agility by demonstrating a desire to learn with a growth mindset by seeking new information, ideas, experiences, and self-awareness. You create partnerships with store leaders and Loss Prevention personnel to support Loss Prevention initiatives while maintaining a strong focus on supporting a positive customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Create a Culture of Safety50%
- Embodies Athleta's culture and values and understand the holistic mindset of the Athleta brand and can bring it to life everyday
- Enhance LP awareness through timely, professional communication with Loss Prevention and Store Leadership teams regarding industry trends and recent loss activity
- Assist store LP/Store Leadership team in proper handling and resolution of escalated customer incident and crowd control procedures
- Assist LP/Store Leadership teams in educating store employees on proper emergency preparedness and execution
- Provide a strong presence in key areas as dictated by business needs in partnership with GM/LP
Shortage Reduction through Customer Experience40%
- Displays a "customer first" mindset at all times with a balance of engaging with the internal/external customer to meet their needs
- Ability to do what's right while balancing policy guidelines to promote an in-service mindset
- Model and drive behaviors to support a seamless omni-channel experience to create a positive impact on store CES results
- Works in partnership with GM/LP to ensure all store employees are following company policy and procedures
- Stays current on all product knowledge and communicates features and benefits to customers to build customer knowledge and confidence in the product
- Model and coach to proper response of EAS Alarm Activations and execution of Tagging Compliance Standards
- Utilizes resources to educate and assist in maintaining company compliance standards
- Complete timely, detailed written reports on incidents in store
- Execute Weekly Strategy Checklist and effective communicate and influence ongoing positive results against expectation
- Maintain consistent open communication around observations and support efforts with Store Leadership/LP
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:This is an entry-level loss prevention position within the store level operations.This position communicates primarily to the store management team with direction on overall loss prevention strategy and programs coming from the LP.
5652 BAY STREET
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Skilled at making quality decisions; and follows written and verbal instructions to meet deadlines on tasks and projects
- Ability to sell, relate to others and communicate effectively
- Open to performing multiple functions in the store beyond selling
- Ability to receive feedback and to take action when appropriate
- Ability to work a changing schedule to meet the needs of the business
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent
3) Minimum experience:
- Previous experience in retail and/or fitness preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and occasional overnight shifts as required by business needs
- Must be able to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top