Loss Prevention Agent - Rockefeller Center
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees, through prevention awareness, communication, and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to Shortage Reduction - 50%
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Audit compliance to physical security standards (EAS, leather locks, doors, etc.)
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of the Loss Prevention Manager, Loss Prevention Supervisor, District Loss Prevention Manager, and/or the Regional Loss Prevention Manager.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies.
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures.
Training - 40%
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings.
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on-boarding process of new hires.
Operations and Safety - 10%
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance.
- Serve with management to ensure a safe work environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
Minimum educational level:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 200 lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top