Loss Prevention Agent Part Time- DC
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The LP Agent has a thorough knowledge of Gap Inc. policy and procedures. Performs duties as a floor officer and acts as a deterrent to theft issues and directs Loss Prevention related procedures. Also, works closely with LP Leads and above to coordinate and ensure completion of duties inherent to the Loss Prevention position and department. • Responsible for conducting Inventory Control Audits in the following areas: • Cross-dock, Shipping, Receiving, trailer documentation, quality control and pick accuracy • If applicable - E-Commerce system audits, Refunds/Returns, Missing Packages, Fraud/Chargebacks • Responsible for initiating internal and external investigations based off the above audit results and/or received information from floor associates • Responsible for conducting all shortage related audits located in the LP Shortage database • Monitor associate, vendor and visitor entrances and exits from the buildings • Assure that all contractors and visitors are signed in and escorted to work areas • Conduct bag checks on all associates, vendors and visitors entering and leaving the building • Assist in Fire, Tornado and Earthquake evacuations by showing the evacuation routes and shelters to associates • Responsible for keeping the facility secure during non-operational hours • Monitor and respond to facility alarms • Monitor facilities'/campus' CCTV system • Maintain communications with the Loss Prevention and Facility Management • Complete all assigned daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities • Assist in operational audit process • Control all overnight and closed shift trailer activity. Signing and accepting paperwork, logging in trailer information and submitting paperwork on next available shift • Responsible for work assigned posts such as: • Receiving- Verification of seal chain of custody and ensure the bills of lading are properly received and stamped in the absence of receiving personnel. • Shipping- Checking bills of lading against trailer and seal numbers assuring that the shipments have proper documentation. • Warehouse floor- Patrolling, supervising sub-ordinates • Assisting the department in all aspects of Loss Prevention • Train new associates and Contract Security Officers • Perform shortage research and generate incident reports ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Will have daily interaction with Loss Prevention Associates and Management. Frequent communication with Facility Management and associates. Works closely with LP Leads and assists with mentoring of new LP Agents.
- Knowledge of Loss Prevention and/or security procedures preferred
- Able to maintain constant awareness of surroundings; attention to detail
- Must posses good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; must be able to multi-task and work in fast paced environment work with little supervision
- Must present a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Be available to work any shift or facility within campus upon request
- Preparing computer reports on Windows, Microsoft Office and the LP Shortage Database
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and flexibility.
- High professional standards regarding customer service and confidentiality.
- Experience conducting and resolving internal and external investigations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Any combination of 3 or more years of related experience or a Bachelors degree form an accredited learning institution preferred
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand/walk distribution center floor for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top