Loss Prevention Agent - Houston Premium
About the role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
Contribute to shortage reduction
What you'll do
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions
- Audit compliance to physical security standards
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of Loss Prevention leadership
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
Operations & Safety
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance
- Serve with management to ensure safe work environment
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
- Communicate daily activities to the Loss Prevention Manager/ Loss Prevention Supervisor / District Loss Prevention Manager / Regional Loss Prevention Manager and or the General Manager / Management team.
- Interfaces with Field /Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations)
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems
Minimum educational level:
- High schools graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred
- State certification required, where applicable
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top