Loss Prevention Agent - Houston Premium
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
Contribute to shortage reduction
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions
- Audit compliance to physical security standards
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of Loss Prevention leadership
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
Operations & Safety
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance
- Serve with management to ensure safe work environment
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
- Communicate daily activities to the Loss Prevention Manager/ Loss Prevention Supervisor / District Loss Prevention Manager / Regional Loss Prevention Manager and or the General Manager / Management team.
- Interfaces with Field /Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations)
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems
Minimum educational level:
- High schools graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred
- State certification required, where applicable
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top