Loss Prevention Agent - Empire Outlets
About the role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses. Analyze trends and reports to influence training and awareness at designated locations.
What you'll do
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Audit compliance to physical security standards (EAS, leather locks, doors, etc.)
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of LPM, LPS, DLPM, and or RLPM.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies.
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures.
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings; deliver training and awareness initiatives on a regular basis.
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance.
- Parnter with management to ensure safe work environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
Communicate daily activities to the Loss Prevention Manager / Loss Prevention Supervisor / District Loss Prevention Manager / Regional Loss Prevention Manager and or the GM / Management team. Interfaces with Field / Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations).
Who you are
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
Back to top