Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. But we're most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last five. That's where you come in. Our cafe team is seeking an experienced Line Cook to provide support to a group of professionals passionate about making great food. If you love working in an energizing environment and are enthusiastic, organized and a true standout colleague willing to assist in a variety of tasks, this is the place for you!
- Assist the team with food production, ensuring consistent quality on all prepared food by prepping for recipes as provided
- Produces food for breakfast, lunch and catered events
- Follows production sheets, portioning and merchandising details as instructed by sous chef
- Meet production deadlines and sets up misen place for station
- Tastes all food prepared for station to ensure flavor, freshness and quality
- Ability to provide courteous and efficient service daily
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Maintains kitchen equipment in prep areas and in station
- Consistently maintain a clean and organized prep and station area
- Follow proper rotation and storage of goods
- Follows safety and sanitation procedures for compliance with all guidelines from OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer-service relationships
- Strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry's best practices
Minimum educational level
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Serve Safe certification
- Culinary training preferred
- 2 years experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook preferred
- Restaurant or Food Service experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand minimum of 8 hours a day
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top