Legal Operations Analyst, Gap Inc.
The Company. Gap Inc. is a leading global retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix brands. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in more than 90 countries worldwide through about 3,300 company-operated stores, over 400 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites.
Overview of the Role. The Legal Operations Analyst (Legal Spend) supports the Gap Inc. Legal Operations team and its business partners. This position is responsible for spend analytics operations and related business critical projects. The role develops, manages and communicates department policies, processes and reports to ensure efficiency in legal spend, including substantial change management internally and with our outside partners.
- Innovation Cultivator
- Trust & Honesty
- Collaboration & Influencing
Ideal Candidate. The ideal candidate possesses an understanding of corporate legal and law firm operations processes, exceptional communication and relationship skills, an innovative mindset, and a passion to effectuate positive change in the industry. Experience with policy and process development, relationship management, negotiation, analytics, metrics, benchmarking, dashboards, prioritization, planning and organizational skills are required.
- Engagement Documents: Develop, update, and communicate Legal's outside partner engagement documents, including the master engagement letter, billing requirements, and matter-specific documentation. Clarify and negotiate terms with outside partners as needed. Maintain and routinely update database of executed documents. Review, track and enforce compliance with policies and procedures. Serve as intermediary between relationship attorneys and outside partners relative to billing policy. Build and maintain strong relationships with partner ecosystem.
- Rate Analysis: Establish and communicate timekeeper rate process. Intake new timekeeper rate requests and rate increase proposals, benchmark them against portfolio and market rates, and communicate responses. Ensure alignment and compliance with mandatory rate freezes in Serengeti. Communicate actions to internal stakeholders.
- Alternative Fee Arrangements: Participate in new partner/matter sourcing to negotiate and establish innovative alternative fee arrangements, with an eye toward increasing value, efficiency and predictability. Document and ensure compliance with fee arrangements.
- Spend Assessments: Manage, advise ecosystem, and report on legal spend analytics, deriving metrics and key performance indicators, benchmarking them against industry data, and determining areas of opportunity for value and savings. Leverage dashboarding technology to provide easy access to spend data for the Legal Leadership Team.
- Business Reviews: Using metrics derived from spend analytics and other data, prepare and participate in routine business reviews with key ecosystem partners, providing scorecards including quantitative and qualitative criteria. Determine areas of opportunity for improved partnerships and other necessary changes.
- Outside Partner RFPs: Collaborate with Legal team regarding need for ecosystem refreshes. Manage RFP processes, including participation in review, selection, and onboarding of potential new partners.
- Legal Settlements and Manual Invoices: Intake Legal settlement requests, work with business partners to ensure timely processing of payments, and confirm that necessary re-classes are completed. Manage all manual invoices processing, including contractor(s) responsible for related tasks.
- Miscellaneous Operations Projects: Determine need for new policies, processes and technology and socialize them through Legal and our business partners. Manage a variety of operations projects, including review, selection and onboarding of new technology, necessary training, and department communications.
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate legal department, law firm, or business operations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, and collaborate in a professional setting.
- Experience in analytics, process improvement, and change management.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Technological aptitude and ability to learn new technologies or systems.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products, particularly PowerPoint.
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree, business major preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top