Leader - Campus Transportation - Northeast
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager - Domestic Transportation (Northeast) the Campus Transportation Leader -Northeast is responsible to manage the day to day operational execution from Inbound/Outbound loads that are received/shipped from DC to ensure on time delivery. Provide analytics to internal and external business partners to support daily operational execution and drive continuous improvement. Build relationships with internal and external business partners by regular interactions through conference calls and onsite visits. Proactively identify opportunities and potential issues that could impact SLA performance or cost. Develop and execute contingency routing to ensure performance to SLA's.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operational Execution - Responsible for product flow from DC ensuring SLA's are achieved for the DC and customer. Support the daily operational calls with internal business partners. Develop and execute contingency plans to ensure SLA's are achieved.
- Responsible for Shunt services on cost, service and support needed to manage trailer moves required by campus.
- Planning/Forecasting - Provide daily, weekly, and long- term forecasts to ensure alignment on staffing levels/shunt services required. Provide forecasts to the distribution centers for both current and future weeks. Partner with both internal and external business partners to ensure plans are aligned to manage the volume with an emphasis on meeting INDC dates/IN Store dates and mitigating risks.
- Ensure all metrics are met to include BOL dating, ship complete, Trailer Utilization and any other metric identified for business impact.
- Development of staffing to include stretch assignments, performance management, monthly touch base on performance and goals. Ensure staffing supports DC hours for both Inbound and Outbound functions.
- Reporting & Data Integrity - Provide reports for leadership on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis relating to the success of measured goals to include shunt turns. Work in conjunction with the transportation reporting team to develop sustainable reports to enhance performance tracking. Develop internal reporting to support region specific needs of the business. Review all reporting from the Gap Inc. systems to ensure data is accurate and partner with the appropriate business partners to correct any issues.
- Communication - Lead meetings with both internal and external business partners to provide appropriate feedback to the teams on goal achievement. Develop relationships with the DC leadership team with regular One:One meetings and spending daily time in DC(s) to understand activity of DC flow to be proactive in strategy. Provide details to leadership on issues impacting the flow of product through the pipeline to ensure transparency.
- Continuous Improvement - Partner with other Campus Transportation Leaders to develop strategies for improvement in the processing of freight and best practices.. Work with internal DC partners to support strategic initiatives that improve the quality of deliveries and reduce costs. Utilize the analytics to help identify areas of improvement and support the development of new processes.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Planning/Proactive approach for Strategy
- Ability to successful develop others/self
- Drives for Results
- Organization and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of logistics operations
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible with the ability to effectively achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with internal and external cross-functional business partners
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
3) Minimum experience:
- Minimum 5 year's business experience in Transportation/Distribution
4) Physical Requirements:
- Light lifting
- Minimal travel
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top