Lead Web Content Developer
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
At Gap Inc., we work hard and play hard together. Our goal is simple. When it comes to the best products and advice, we want to be the ultimate source for active men.
We're looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
This position supports the family of Gap Inc. brands' eCommerce teams by developing, coding, deploying and modifying responsive marketing content to the site.
• Lead the Web Content Development team. Maintain brand partnership by attending necessary production or marketing/creative or any other brand meetings. Mentor team members to increase technical skills within the team. Ensure a strong relationship to the brand among all team members
• Responsible for obtaining, understanding and conveying necessary information for Marketing, Creative, Pdm, GapLabs, Production and other business partner requests.
• Responsibly allocate team resources to cover the brand work and ensure balance workload among the team members.
• Asset Management
• Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages.
• Form and work in close partnerships with other Web Content Developers, brand production teams and brand web design.
• Monitor and make recommendations around Page Speed Optimization. Key Experiences:
• 5 years minimum web site production and programming experience. 2 years of college or equivalent experience
• Innovative thinking - willingness to try new ideas and learn new technologies. Has a "make things happen" attitude while operating in a complex environment.
• Demonstrates leadership of direct and/or indirect teams. Performance & Project Management
• Understands Team Dynamics. Ability to coach. Fosters Teamwork and is results driven.
• Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, Thrift). Proficiency coding with JS libraries (jQuery, node, anchor, etc.) Proficiency in mobile app development (Objective C, Swift) a plus
• Familiar with SEO compliancy. Proficient in Web production tools. Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues. Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to turn around project quickly and efficiently. Demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top