Lead Technical Analyst
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.’s mission to be the world’s favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.’s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
Marketing, Social Media and Enterprise Collaboration is a technical team within GapTech’s Corporate Systems group that provides technical leadership relating to Marketing, Social Media and Enterprise Collaboration (MSMEC) technology. We establish business case and strategy to lead vendor solution development/customizations and some internally developed solutions that adhere to Agile structure
The Lead Technical Analyst - Portals, Search and Collaboration will successfully manage and collaborate with teams to deliver solutions that unlock communication and collaboration capabilities to the entire Gap Inc. global workforce. You will not only need to understand Gapweb (intranet), Gap, Inc. (Extranet), Adobe AEM 6.X, Google Search Appliance, and collaboration tools such and Slack, Facebook At Work and Jive, but be versed in other capabilities to help analyze and recognize a wide range of business opportunities in creative ways.
- Manage technical efforts, user acceptance testing and releases supporting technical solutions owned by MSMEC
- Partner with Gap Inc. Communications teams, marketing and brand business representation to understand business strategy and supporting business technical requirements
- Drive and support Communication, Collaboration and Search capabilities for Gap Inc. across the enterprise
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Operations, Customer Success and Engineering to deliver and provide ongoing support to MSMEC owned technology solutions
- Liaise and work with external service providers in managing impact of changes and technical support. (Software Package vendors)
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for Communication, Collaboration and Search technologies.
- 5 years of technology experience and 3 years’ experience with web architecture, communication and collaboration applications.
- Prior experience in project budgeting and expense management.
- Prior Technical Analysis experience related to Communication, Collaboration and Search technology.
- Expertise in Web and Mobile Delivery Architecture: Communication, Collaboration and Search technologies
- Portal experience including: technical configuration and operational support of internal and external communication and collaboration portals powered by web content management systems on a large scale.
- Collaboration: Knowledge of collaboration vendors and tools, and integration capabilities.
- Search: Understand search technologies and the ability to tune search engines.
- Strong influencing and partnering capabilities
- Experience and skill working within a matrixed organization
- BS/BA Business, CS, IS or equivalent experience
Back to top