Lead - Executive Desktop Support
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This role also involves scheduled on-call after-hours support, as well as periodic off-site support, including meetings, conferences, and home visits. If issues cannot be resolved by the Sr. Technical Lead, they are responsible for engaging the appropriate Gap Tech teams, or vendors, to quickly and efficiently resolve outstanding issues.
The Sr. Technical Lead will develop close cross-functional relationships to understand the basic technical aspects of the tools they specialize in, and how our high-level customers use them in their day-to-day work. The Sr. Technical Lead will provide trainingesolution for the most common problems (such as physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, uninstallingeinstalling basic software applications, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance with navigating around application menus) through interactions at our Tech Bar, as well as individual sessions and workshops.
What you'll do
- Subject Matter Expert for support for Gap Inc. executives, and their specialized tools, across all brands and serves as immediate escalation point for audio/visual support, technical operations, and process issues. This would include responsibility for providing A/V and technical support for executives including Board of Directors meeting support
- Develop strong support relationships with customers, and partner with key business contacts to proactively support all IT initiatives for their teams
- Manage successful onboarding of new hires across the campus, configure their systems, and ensure they have access to all the necessary tools for their role
- Partner with teams across GapTech, and Gap Inc. to troubleshootesolve issues impacting customer's systems, and tools, and drive resolutions to issues and manage relationships with vendors who service the software tools, and hardware that our customers use in their daily work
- Work closely with leaders from all brands to gain a strong understanding of their technical needs, and offer sound solutions that present opportunities to mitigate issues, and provide efficiency in the way they work
- Provide off-hours support during busy periods when the business has aggressive deadlines, and on-call support on a scheduled rotation to ensure team is available 24/7 for support
- Continually analyze quantitative and qualitative data, evaluate opportunities to improve existing processes, and drive initiatives to improve our technical and service delivery to our customers
Who you are
- 5+ years of IT services and support experience gained in a large enterprise organization, preferably in the retail industry and educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proven experience in providing 1st / 2nd line IT support -and previous executive support experience desired
- Ability to effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and displays proactive engagement, deadline oriented, and high sense of urgency
- Proven ability in resolving/analyzing technical problems or process opportunities and recommending sound, creative, logical solutions
- Dynamic team player, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skillset with strong written, and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate point of view
- High professional standards: confidentiality, decorum, excellent customer service skills; possess a positive "can-do" attitude
- Subject matter technical expertise with troubleshooting MS Windows / Mac OS, Office Suite, Outlook, Teams, Box, OneDrive, mobile devices, and audio/video conference support
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top