IT SOX Audit Manager, Gap Inc.
This is a key, strategic position in the IT SOX/Audit team. As part a global, dynamic, technology focused retail company, this position affords the right person an eagle eye view of the entire corporation, both from a technology as well as finance viewpoint.
This position demands a combination of managerial and interpersonal skills to lead the IT SOX team effectively. Technical (SOX and Technology) expertise, objectivity and unquestioned integrity are essential elements of this position. Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), organizational and leadership skills and the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including members of the Senior IT Leadership team are all key requirements. In additional to regular SOX activities, there is also the opportunity to lean in on key, strategic, emerging projects in a global environment.
- Drives results
- Trust and honesty
- Learning Agility
- Works across the organization to drive results
- Key business partner to external auditors and internal business partners
- Leads corporate finance, control and operational teams
- Works closely with Audit and SOX leaders
- Provide leadership of the SOX IT processes and ensure annual SOX requirements are completed in compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Interface with the external auditors and coordinate activities to provide maximum benefit to the organization.
- Evaluate internal control environment and financial statement presentation compliance with GAAP and SOX objectives, from the technology perspective.
- Prepare reports and make presentations to various management levels concerning ongoing SOX IT activities.
- Plan annual and monthly risk based approach to SOX IT testing while supporting and aligning with the overall SOX PMO guidelines.
- Implement technology-based audit productivity tools and processes.
- Follow up action plans for SOX IT findings to ensure timely implementation of remediation plans.
- Identify areas/ processes for improvement and propose recommendations.
- Organize, prepare and present proposals, analytical assessments and other special projects.
- Prepare evaluations of applicable staff in accordance with Company Focal program.
- Maintain current knowledge of SOX guidelines and principles.
- Represent the SOX IT/Internal Audit function on significant cross-functional teams, at times providing leadership to these efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, preferably with a concentration in Computer Science, Accounting or Finance (or equivalent work experience). MBA a plus.
- 5+ years senior IT SOX audit and/or operations experience.
- The candidate will identify appropriate risk factors and will assess the adequacy of existing controls and their related design and effectiveness given those risks.
- Strong background and experience in IT audit concepts and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements as well as financial applications, infrastructure management and database management structures.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of SOX 404, AS5, COSO, COBIT and the SEC Interpretative Guidance.
- Project management and cross functional experience (dealing with IT and Finance).
- Broad understanding of ITIL, Agile, GAIT, PMP.
- Prior SOX 404 IT experience in a Big 4 firm environment.
- Public company experience, preferably in a Fortune 200 global environment.
- The candidate is expected to be detail highly oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Executing and documenting test plans and test results with control owners, including details regarding exceptions, overall conclusions, and control effectiveness.
- Familiarity with IT Security, Applications and IT Operations.
- Strong and deep understanding of technology, current trends and ability to think outside the box.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent ability to understand and bridge Finance and IT, across all levels.
- High level of integrity.
- Team player.
- PC Skills; Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to travel.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top