IT Operations Supervisor
The IT Operations Supervisor is responsible for providing technical and operational leadership for a high volume, order fulfillment, multi-shift distribution center. In this position, you will develop and implement processes to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement and drive employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where employees are involved, and committed to the success of the Company.
- Provides technical support, direction, and supervision to the local IT Operations team.
- Plans, implements, and supports workstations, thin client, printers and peripheral hardware and software throughout the facility.
- Direct and manage staff, assigning work, providing training and development, evaluating performance, and building a motivated, effective team to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of the workforce to ensure proper coverage to meet business needs.
- Vendor management – monitor contractual agreements, manage vendor relationships, and ensure problem resolutions.
- Peripheral device management – maintain service plan and contracts
- Audits operational procedures and programs to identify and implement improvements
- Administers, monitors, and ensures compliance with Gap Inc. policies and procedures for safety and productivity.
- Provides feedback to direct reports on performance throughout the year, initiates performance plans and corrective actions at appropriate times and facilitates end of year performance reviews.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and IT to ensure procedures are followed.
- Negotiates planned outages for the respective facility and keeps the business informed of current problems or potential problems and upcoming changes to the local infrastructure.
100 MERRITT BLVD
- Working knowledge and skills of networking configuration and operation, PC configuration and operation, Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Application troubleshooting, Distributed Software, Imaging, Active Directory, and Hardware troubleshooting skills in a complex networked IT environment.
- Familiarity with specific hardware types such as thermal label printers, laser printers, desktop PCs, monitors, fuzzy logic, imaging scanner equipment and Cisco switches.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and relationship building skills.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate to motivate, develop and engage employees
- Passion, enthusiasm, reliability and drive for results in present capacity.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top